Monday, October 14, 2013

Meaning of Marriage

How fitting is it that Becky chose this topic only day's after our 5th wedding anniversary?! So, I thought. Once again I'm a week behind but whatevs. I'm posting it anyway. Now about that meaning of marriage. I sure enough don't know all the answers but I've learned a lot in the past 5 years. So without further ado- I'm linking up with Becky once again for her 52 weeks of blogging with a purpose.



In honor of this 5th year milestone I have 5 things about what marriage means to me.


Marriage means
support. even if it means moving 200 miles away from everything you've ever known. This was HUGE. But I don't regret our decision one bit. Sure it's was is hard and sometimes downright inconvenient, however we are a much better place emotionally, financially, and I'd like to say physical but the jury is still out on that one (location wise and health wise).  We both plan to be close to home again someday but right now this is home and it'll be that way for a while.
circa 2006

Marriage means communication. Even if your breath stinks. For real. There have been times where a conversation needed to be had before teeth were brushed. And you know what? You deal with it. Besides if your hubby (or wife) can't tell you your breath stinks then who can? Better him or her than anyone else!

Marriage means LOVE.
" And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." 
~ 1 Corinthians 13:13
You all know the uber popular bible verse about love (1 Corinthians 13 4-7) right?! Honestly I try to live by these verses in my marriage. The good book says that love is patient and kind, that is does not envy, boast, nor is it proud. Well, let me tell you- I am patient with this man every Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday night during football season when I kindly ask him to stop screaming through the house at the TV! I'm joking... joking!

Marriage means compromise. This includes football widows. (I seem to have a sore spot for this, huh?) I have been known to put on a cute referee outfit and join in on the fun a time or two. But, honestly I leave his football watching as a time for him to have some "me" time. Just as we need me time-so do they! Most of the time he spends it acting like a goofball with his friends and I don't need to be present for that.

Buy here. And this is clearly not me... you'd rather not see that... trust me.


Marriage means knowing your husband. I'm assuming you have gotten a good deal of this out of the way while courting and during any length of engagement, however people grow, evolve, change, and we need to keep up with that! Know when he needs to loved, when he needs to be left alone, and when he needs to be right- even if he isn't.
 photo fmtmsig-1.png

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Bookmarked in my mind in case I'm ever lucky enough to experience marriage. LOL @ the football references!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X