Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Disney: part 1



Well let me start by saying we had such an unbelievable good time and I cannot WAIT to go back! I know even my little guy had a blast even though he's so young. I've heard people say they don't take their small children because there's nothing for them to do or they won't remember it. I'm here to tell you that wasn't our experience at all and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I have so much information I want to share and so many pictures that I'm not sure how I will break up the posts! I know I definitely don't want to do a "how to do Disney with your baby post' because there were so many resources where I got my information that it would just be redundant. Instead, I'll just point you in the direction as to where I got my info. I will say this- a TON of planning goes into pulling off what could potentially be an expensive vacation but it is soo sooo worth it! But for real- check out my Disney Pinterest board because there are links to things like the number of visitors on Disney property in one given day. So you can choose a good weather week but low volume of people thereby reducing crowds and long wait lines for rides...genius!!


I knew we were going a year ago so this gave me TONS of time to prepare.
Uhh, I guess I'll start with that. Like I said you can visit my Pinterest board for all of my planning resources but here a few things that I'll highlight:

1. I'm a horrible fashionista/hairnista. I've def fallen into the 'mommy rut' and before that I was in the 'broke college student rut' and before that I was in the 'I go to a private school and wear uniforms rut' and before that it was the 'my parents dress me rut'. I've never really had a sense of style. I mean I know pretty outfits/accessories/hairstyles when I see them but whenever I'm in the stores I never see those things on the racks! I happen to come across this one day while browsing Pinterest and I just knew I had to step up my game for this trip.





After perusing her blog (which is awesome!) I spent months... months I tell you trying to put together this outfit for my day at Magic Kingdom. It was the perfect touch of Minnie Mouse and people would instantly "get it" as soon as they saw it. I also had the perfect hairstyle to accompany it courtesy of my hair Shepard Ebony. As my trip got closer and closer I wanted to get a manicure to pull it all together.




Unfortunately it didn't come out exactly as I had visioned it. The weekend prior to our trip we decided to go visit friends out of town and that prevented me from getting my nails manicured and my hair relaxed. I also had thee absolute worse time trying to find a red with white polka dot shirt... the WORSE!!! I didn't want to spend a fortune because this is the only time I'd probably wear said shirt so my efforts were fruitless. But next time- I'm gonna do it! Here's how my magic kingdom outfit turned out:





Not 100% there but I don't feel like I looked "mom like" and I got tons of compliments on my hair! It felt good! I thought about doing Daisy and some of the other princess outfits but I was scared that no one would "get it" (and in hindsight who cares if they didn't?!) and I can't invest a bunch of money in my wardrobe right now. I'm sure I could have gotten some pieces very inexpensive but I decided too last minute. However, now that I know if I see something I'm snatching it up for our next trip (Lord willing). By the way folks, this was my grand opening and grand closing get-up. For the remainder of our trip my outfits didn't go according to plan... it was hotter than I thought it was going to be!

As for my little guy (the only other person I was responsible for dressing) We Mickey'ed him up! He loved Mickey from the first time he saw him in June of 2012 and I knew he would light up when he realized he was surrounded by "MeeMee" (as he calls him)! It just so crazy that whenever we went out we would find some sort of Mickey paraphernalia from swim suits to Pajamas, This is by far my favorite outfit. It came with a beanie that had Mickey ears on it but he wasn't trying to hear all that! I had packed it as his extra change of clothes (because I just knew he would need it) and it turned out to be one of my favorites! He also got tons of compliments once he started wearing it.



So for the rest of the week I will be catching up on "Our Disney experience" and quite honestly recapping this trip made me all excited again! I can't wait to start our photobook!

6 comments:

  1. I love your hair! You did fabulous on it and your outfit turned out cute even if it's not want you intended.

    Little man looks so adorable! Cutest outfit ever!! Can't wait to read more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is awesome!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your other Disney posts. We are debating going in the fall so I need all the encouragement I can get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE your hair and the outfit looks great on you and your LO!

    I think you definitely nailed it!

    Glad you had a great time with your family. We are thinking we'll wait until we are done having kids to make a family vacation out of it. But I would so love to go back! I went in 2012 but I was still pregnant at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE your hair and the outfit looks great on you and your LO!

    I think you definitely nailed it!

    Glad you had a great time with your family. We are thinking we'll wait until we are done having kids to make a family vacation out of it. But I would so love to go back! I went in 2012 but I was still pregnant at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love Disney, so excited for all your post about your experience. Loving your Disney bow and your boy's outfit.

    We took our big boy when he was 20 months, can't wait to take all 3 of them in a few years.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X