Friday, June 6, 2014

Event Planner, Photographer, Family girl

I have a decision to make. I hate making decisions.


First, let me say that I value my time with my friends and family. I lead a relatively busy life and always welcome the joy and laughter that comes with gathering with people I enjoy being around. It's one of the reasons why I quit medicine. I just couldn't be at the beck and call of a hospital... not, when cousins are graduating, babies are being born, and my older aunts and uncle go on to become ancestors.

On a slightly unrelated note, I also have a love for planning a great party. Maybe it's the design, or the decor,  or maybe it's the good times that a good party can bring. You can tell by the effort that I put into my son's first birthday party- I like to do it up for a shindig.

Earlier this year I was asked to work on a party for a close family member of mine. She was turning
50. I was so honored that she thought of me when it came to planning the perfect party. So, of course I got to work...literally. She didn't really know what she wanted- only that she wanted to incorporate her favorite things. I used Pinterest as a source of inspiration because I was under a huge time constraint and needed to act fast. I needed to bring the color red, shoes, handbags, and all things glamorous to this celebration.


I worked on invites and the candy table. It was so much fun. It didn't feel like... work. And then a funny thing happened. I got to assist my brother who was actually the photographer for the evening. This was shaping up to be a good experience.

(click on picture to enlarge)
...


So, the big decision I have to make? I have the opportunity to shoot with my brother for an upcoming event. This would give me great practice, help my brother, and is really right up my ally. But then- I'd miss missing out on the good times. 2 parties to be exact. When the best of both world's collide- isn't that why I left medicine?

What's a girl to do?

 photo fmtmsig-1.png

5 comments:

  1. You do such a great job. I went back and looked at the pics for your son's 1st birthday and I am wowed! All of that detail! I always admire people like you, I'm pretty simple because I get stressed out easy.

    I think you should help your brother- if you love it, it isn't work, so you'll still be in on the fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done...looks like a great event and how awesome that you can combine the two tin hrs you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, if its something you love doing then its not really work. Plus its a great experience. There will always be other parties and events to attend.Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you were able to make the decision that was right for you. I find that when I'm taking pictures at events I love doing it so much that I still enjoy myself. Since you love it you're still going to enjoy yourself since it does not feel like work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. You did an incredible job! Everything turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X