Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sunday's Best

Anyone else having trouble selecting their children's outfits for Easter Sunday? No, just me? When I was growing up Easter also know as Resurrection Sunday was an event. Yes an event. Children would get brand new Easter outfits, complete with new accessories, and new shoes. Our church held a special Easter sunrise service in which we had to get up way too early for. In Sunday school, all the children would gather together for the best dressed group photo you've ever laid your eyes on. The church's sanctuary was decorated in the most gorgeous Easter lilies. If you were one of the lucky ones- you got to take one home. After church the children had an Easter egg hunt. It was intense. There were a few (plastic) eggs that has money in them. The older kids usually got those. I was never one of the older kids (they older ones were always older than me). As disappointed as I was- I was happy to get my candy filled egg too.



One thing I will always remember is my grandma dressing my cousins and I alike. It was the three of us the other two were sisters- 2 and 5 years older than me. She didn't really buy matching outfits for us once my brother came along. I wish I has pictures of all our matching outfits. I'm sure my parents have a few so I'm going to have to make finding them my Palm Sunday weekend project when we go back home.

I thought I would carry the new outfit tradition on with my children and it would be unlike me to match them. Let me tell you how hard it is to find matching/complimentary children's clothes. HARD! My go to stores didn't really have much in the way of matchy, matchy , and a google search for matching Easter outfits brings up a lot of Etsy shops. Don't get me wrong- I love a good Etsy shop and like to support small business but I was looking for Sunday's best outfits. I finally was able to find the following which I don't think turned out too bad. I can't wait to see them all dressed Easter Sunday morning. This year will be extra special as it's baby girl's first Easter!! Last Easter we found out she would be joining our family and it was a special day indeed.





Easter sibling outfits


 photo fmtmsig-1.png

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit! They will definitely look awesome in them. Looking forward to seeing your update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the shiny satin of my poofy dresses and I would sliiiddddddeeeee up and down the wooden pew til my mom yell-whispered for me to stop! And the elastic of the hat annoying me! Ohhhh, and what about gloves?! Girl, back in the day Easter outfits are so different than today's. Those outfits are actually timeless, when the kids grow up they could still wear clothes like that!!! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X