Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Survey

I did this survey last year when I got it from Dani. I like the way it recaps my entire year so here goes...


1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Raise a 2 year old?! Other than that- I've got nothing... nothing.

No, no... wait! I've never been to


Cape Cod before. And we had a blast. Do you know Buggy has been asking to go back to the beach ever since we left there?!  I also went tubing for the first time and hope to be able to do that again someday soon.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some of them. But I am constantly a work in progress. I'm thinking about making a few for 2014 although I tend not to because I can never keep up with them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Surprisingly, There was only one baby (from my immediate circle- and she turned 1 yesterday!) in 2013. A few of my way back when friends had some babies but I think 2014 is going to be the baby boom year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thank goodness. But we did have a few deaths in the family.

5. Did you visit anywhere exciting?
Yes! I'm so blessed to be able to travel. We went to Disney (re-cap coming...eventually), Cape Cod, and took a 16 (or 18) hour drive to Atlanta, GA. Just to name a few. Oh, and I can't forget about our mini vacay to visit Beyonce'.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Still a viable pregnancy. One day... maybe one day.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
This is partly why I keep a blog. Because my memory is going. Very slowly but still going. So as long as I can read- I've got all, okay not all, but some pretty good memories documented right here to keep them etched in my mind.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Re-starting my weight loss journey. While I am heavier than I was this time last year- I'm not as heavy as I was last week. I hope to continue this trend until I reach my goal then reevaluate.

9. What was your biggest mistake?
Gaining back all the weight plus more that I lost in 2012. It sucks to not only start over but have further to go than before. I must keeping pushing.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes :( The darn sickies got me. And apparently that's not all I've got.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
According to my husband it was the little dust buster vacuuming for the bathroom. My hair sheds like a beast so every morning and evening after I do my hair I vacuum the bathroom.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Did you hear about affluenza?? Y'all there's something gone terribly wrong in this world.

14. Where did most of your money go in 2013?
Household finances. One day the answer to this question will be a retirement account.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Travelling. And we did a lot of it. I hope we can continue.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Employed full time!!!

There are times when I wish I was employed part time with full time pay. There are times when I wish I was employed full time from home and there are times when I wish I was solely the keeper of my home. But then pay day comes and I'm back to being happy that I have a full time job.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging, cleaning, exercising.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
complaining, gaining weight, losing pregnancies.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Surrounded by my family- I wouldn't have it any other way. A colleague of mine shared her Christmas via Facebook and she and her family of four spent Christmas abroad. While I am sure it was a wonderful experience- it's not for me. 

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Over, and over, and over again. 5 times over actually.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I only really watched TV for the first 2 months of 2013. It was mostly Ellen and Tia & Tamera with a few episodes of Real Husbands of Hollywood, and Real Housewives of New Jersey thrown in. I went back to work mid-February and haven't seen a television set since.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try not to hate. That's a really strong feeling that I wouldn't be able to handle. I do have a dislike for some people but no one new. I keep my circle small for a reason.

24. What was the best book you read?
Green Eggs, and Ham?

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing. There a few new artists that I like but I'm not sure they warrant 'great musical discovery' status.

26. What did you want and get?
I have so many blessing that I couldn't name just one. More recently I received an Ipad and a Coach bag for Christmas.

27. What did you want and not get?
A viable pregnancy.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had an amazing day that started off really relaxed. Things got better and better once my husband dropped me off at the spa. What a surprise! My husband is an amazing chef and whipped up all my favorites that day. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way I turned 30!!


29. What’s one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
see #6.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Bad. But! I did manage to get in two fashion posts this year!

31. What kept you sane?
My husband. He always keeps me sane. Except for when he drives me insane.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm, this is a good question. There are many public figures that I "fancy" each one for a different reason or another.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Licia and Vittoria Ronzulli. Read more about why here.

34. Who do you miss the most?
Still my grandparents. I really wish they could be here to see my son grown, learn, and be all the things that they adore.

35. Who was the best new person you met?
I keep my circle very close so I may meet a person and years would pass before they would have a chance to become meaningful in my life. I have developed a friendship (which still has a ways to go) this year but I met that person last year.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
I'm not perfect and don't have to be.

37. What are your new years resolutions for 2014?
I haven't yet made my list. But I will between now and my third blogging anniversary.

Why does this survey end on an odd number?? Does anyone have three more questions I can answer?? oh, and feel free to take the survey... let me know if you do!!








 photo fmtmsig-1.png

2 comments:

  1. I am so loving these yearly recap and survey from blogland, such a great way to remember the year and see what you've been up to.

    You surely had an awesome year. Looking forward to many more fun and adventures in 2014 and praying for a healthy and beautiful pregnancy for you in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you tubing.

    Your 2013 sounds wonderful full of great events. Sorry about the illness.

    Happy 2014, rock it even more :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X